Thursday, March 24, 2011

Germinating Seeds Part 2

So today I continued checking my seeds that were germinating and planted the ones that were ready into soil! This is Boring to some people or VERY EXCITING to someone like me!!! Yeah I'm a gardening nerd! 

Let me remind everyone I am terrible at  directions. . . . That's why I post pictures!!!


Supply List:
Containers for planting
Good garden soil ( Monrovia Organic is what I use)
Labels
Tweesers
Skewer 
Plastic dome


Directions:
Go through plastic bags with seeds and see which are ready to be planted and put them aside
Fill containers with soil about 3/4 the way. using skewer poke a hole in soil about 3/4 the way down
Open one baggy at a time, using tweezers gently pull seeds (you will see a bit of green and a long white root) away from paper towel and  place root end down into the soil gently cover up leaving the tip exposed.
Don't forget to label them!  When all the plants are in soil lightly water and cover with plastic dome! 

*Never let soil dry out! (Roots are very sensitive and will die easily) 
* Lift dome often to get fresh air in! ( I leave my one at night and left off first thing in the am and just check if soil starts to dry out, water and put dome back on.

 Soil and Planting containers!
 Labels . .  gotta know what's planted!
 Work station. . . well until dinner!!
 Dirt added
 Paper towel with my seeds all sprouted

 Planted. .  look closely you can see it. . lol


 Lettuce sprouts


All ready to grow covered with the domes!

Hope this helps. . . .check back as they get ready to go outside in the garden!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is my weekend goal, follow your blog and start germinating some seeds! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome !!!! Do it and let me know if you have any questions!!! It super easy just time consuming!! :)

    ReplyDelete